NCC Draft Minutes 281009

30 10 2009

Nercwys Community Council – Cyngor Cymuned Nercwys
http://www.Nercwys.net

Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held in the Soar Chapel School Room, on Wednesday, 28th October, 2009.

The meeting was preceded by a presentation by Nick Jones and a debate with approximately twenty members of the public on the community strategy questionnaire, and concerns as to its structure.
He asked that an amended questionnaire be issued.
One member of the public remained for the whole meeting.

1. ATTENDANCE Paul Roberts [Chair], Darren Williams, Gill Smith, Brian Roberts, Horace Nicholls, Phil Gerrard, Norma Evans, Jean Price.
Constable Gary Aldous for part of the meeting.

2. APOLOGIES. Cordula Thomas, County Councillor Matthews [latter part].

3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None Declared.

4. A.O.B. See Additional Correspondence.

5. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT.
The Chair reported that the new item of equipment had been erected in the Children’s Play Area.
He had met with Mr Mike Sullivan about the overcrowding of buses – hopefully this was resolved – he will monitor.
He noted with thanks the work done in respect of the potholes, and hedge in Maeshafn Road, and that the Vehicle Activated Sign has been adjusted.
The willow trees on the Village Green need trimming. ACTION Chair to speak to handyman.
With the Clerk he had attended the County Forum on 21st October, and asked the Clerk to report on that meeting.
County Forum 21.10.9.
Boundary Commission – still considering in respect of numbers of FCC County Councillors;
Budget – FCC 1.8% gain -but FCC inflation is higher.
Model Charter – draft to Working Group soon, then to Community Councils.
Guidance re planning coming soon in draft form.
Dog Fouling – post of Dog Warden approved. Order will be out 1.12.9. – working with police for PCSOs to enforce also.
UDP – consultation over modifications ends 2.11.9.
Alcohol Control Zones –signs are starting to go up in 83 hot spots across Flintshire.
3rd Party Representations on Planning Matters – starts 4.11.9.

The Clerk reported that he had been working with Andy Crosby to broaden the website that he [Bill] has been running [at no cost] – this will include other village organisations, and will make it in effect a village electronic notice board – http://www.Nercwys.net, again at no cost.

6. POLICE
Constable Aldous reported that there had been incidents of crime in other villages. He asked Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators to contact Jackie Lee to ensure that they were receiving updates.
He raised a concern about persons using mobile telephones whilst driving.
He then left.

7. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
These were proposed by Councillor Brian Roberts seconded by Councillor Jean Price and duly signed by the Chair.

8. MATTERS ARISING –not dealt with elsewhere on Agenda.
i] Bike Shed – it was AGREED that the Chair would consult with neighbours with a view to moving it to the Children’s Play Area. ACTION
ii] Brian Roberts has met with Fraser Roberts [FCC] re flooding at Tan y Rhos, and will monitor the situation. ACTION
iii] ACTION Clerk to chase up FCC re trees obscuring new light at Towers. [E-mailed 29.10.9. – Land Registry being consulted to ascertain who owns the land].

9. FINANCIAL MATTERS.
i]. Bank Reconciliation. Current Account £596.82 as of 14.10.9. Initialled by Chair.
iii] Register of gifts and hospitalities over £10 –none declared.
iv] Payment of Clerk’s Fees and Office Expenses. Monthly Fee £292.16 T. 85. Cheque 762 APPROVED. Pay Rise as per NALC, backdated to April, 2009, £28.30. APPROVED. T.86. Cheque 763.
v] Deeco re Street Lighting Maintenance £219.97 APPROVED. T.83. Cheque 760.
vi] To consider £200 for Nercwys Brochure. Report from Councillor Evans. AGREED [if necessary – other funding may be raised].
vii] Valuation of Assets – Appointment of a Valuer- agreed not to progress at this time.

10. ACTION PLAN
1. Street Light Phil Gerrard still needs to progress the new light outside Haybourne. ACTION
2. Speeding –Vehicle Activated Sign has been adjusted.
3. Older Children Play Provision. Done.
4. Younger Children Play Provision. Now be installed. Bill awaited.
5. Senior Citizens. Clerk has discussed with Butchers – £14 per head, max 30 seated. [=£430 – £1,000 in budget line].Clerk to prepare flier for all Councillors to deliver, for return to Chair. ACTION Clerk and all.
6. Seats Done.
7. Notice Boards Done.
8. Neighbourhood Watch. Ongoing.
9. Footpaths. See correspondence.
10. Christmas Tree –in hand.

11. COMMUNITY STRATEGY.
Questionnaire discussed, in the light of the above pre- meeting. The Council did not believe its original questionnaire to be biased, but took cognisance of concerns. A proposal by Councillor Phil Gerrard for a further meeting was not supported.

It was stressed that the Council has taken great steps to consult the community, having issued two questionnaires, made strenuous efforts to disseminate information, and invitations to the ‘Public 10 Minutes’.
.
It was AGREED that the Community Strategy Sub Committee [as agreed on 28.5.9. -Chair, Brian Roberts, Darren Williams, Cordula Thomas] would meet [on Weds 4th November at 7 pm] to discuss an amended version. The Chair will invite Nick Jones. ACTION

12. CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED
i] Nick Jones re Survey [circulated to members].See above.
ii] Rainbow Ramblers re ‘lost/missing rights of way [Given to Councillor Gerrard 12.10.9.]. The Clerk read the salient points of the letter out, and a briefing in respect of research that shows that responsibility for such issues lies with the unitary authority [FCC] not the Community Council. Clerk to respond accordingly ACTION.
iii] FCC Housing News – for information.
iv] Denbighshire LDP: Deposit Local Consultation. For information.
v] Age Concern – offer of assistance re digital switchover. For information.

ADDITIONAL ITEMS RECEIVED POST AGENDA
1. FCC – Planning Application 046838 Long Barn Farm- Day Nursery. For circulation.
2. One Voice Wales ‘Are We Being Served’ Consultation Document [Circulated to some members by e-mail] –Document circulated For comments
3. Summer Playscheme – Report and bill from FCC – £862.50 [£900 budgeted]. APPROVED. Transaction T84. Cheque 761.]
4. Sports Council of Wales £1,800 received [for KBW].

13. PLANNING MATTERS
i] 046708 To replace Conservatory, Hillcrest, Ffordd Pen y Bryn.
Returned to FCC 10.1.0.9. No objections from NCC.
ii] 046566. Barn Conversion. Old Gelli Farm. Refused by FCC. ACTION Clerk to ask FCC why refused. [E-mailed 29.10.9.]
iii] 046224/5 Plas Hendre, Ffordd y Pentre –garden room. Approved by FCC.

14. REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES. None

15. AOB. None.

16. CLERK’S QUALITY OF SERVICE QUESTIONNAIRES
The Clerk asked for feedback.

17. NEXT MEETING.
Wednesday, 25th November, 2009.

Public Meeting Set for 7pm January, 2010.

PART II AGENDA ITEM
FOR WHICH THE PUBLIC IS EXCLUDED.

1. PERSONNEL MATTER – Report from Clerk

Bill reported that having served for three years as Clerk he was now pursuing other interests which would lead to a conflict of interest with his role as Clerk.
He therefore formally resigned as Clerk.
Although one month’s notice is required he offered to stay in post to support the Council [as long as a conflict of interest does not become acute].
The Chair expressed his regret at the loss and, with others, thanked Bill for all his work and support. The offer to remain pro tem was warmly accepted.

The Meeting closed at 21.22hours,

……………………Paul Roberts. Chairman. 25.11.9.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s